Grant Program of the Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz
The Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz has established its own grant program. Each year, it welcomes approximately thirty visiting scholars from across the world and makes it possible for them to pursue their research at one of the Foundation’s institutions.
UPDATE: The SPK has expanded its fellowship program by 20 additional places for refugee Ukrainian (and persecuted Russian/Belarusian) scholars and librarians. The project applied for should have a meaningful connection to the collections or research focus of the respective SPK institution.
- Application deadlines are suspended for Ukrainian researchers until further notice. Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- For Ukrainian researchers, the 3-month period may be extended by a maximum of three additional months (max. until 31. December 2022) upon request to apply for opportunities for longer-term follow-up funding.
- Professionals such as librarians may also apply if they are not pursuing a pure research project.
- Applications will also be reviewed if not all documents - e.g. two external reviews - can be submitted
- Applicants from Russia and Belarus please provide a description of their individual risk situation
Period and Amounts of the Grants
The grants awarded by the Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz (Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation) last one to three months. Those with a bachelor’s or master’s degree receive 900 euros a month. Those with a PhD or comparable qualification receive 1,200 euros a month. In addition to the grant, a one-time travel grant of 500 euros can be paid.
Applying for a Grant
To apply for a grant you must have received at least one university degree when you apply. Send your application directly to the institution where you wish to do your research. Please observe the relevant application deadlines.
Additional information, the application form, and contact information can be found on the Internet pages of the SPK institutions.
Other Funding Possibilities for Research in the SPK Institutions
Numerous international scholars do research at the Foundation’s institutions with grants from a wide variety of other institutions. The Staatliche Museen zu Berlin (National Museums in Berlin) also have their own grant program. Please check the Internet page of the institution in question for additional information about grant possibilities.