Curator of Netherlandish Art before 1800
Stellenausschreibung vom 08.10.2019
The Kupferstichkabinett, Staatliche Museen zu Berlin - Preußischer Kulturbesitz (Museum of Prints and Drawings and Prints, State Museums in Berlin – Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation) is looking for a Curator of Netherlandish Art before 1800, Salary level 13 TVöD, Permanent position, commencing at the earliest possible date.
Curatorial responsibility for the Department „Netherlandish and British art before 1800“ (important collection of Dutch / Flemish and British drawings and prints as well as illuminated manuscripts and printed illustrated books of these areas)
- Responsible cooperation in the further expansion and development of the collection
- Representing the collection within the State Museums in Berlin and the Prussian Heritage Foundation as well as in in national and international research and museum networks
- Curating exhibitions, academic events and research projects
- Cultivating contacts with art dealers and collectors
- Publishing articles, essays and catalogues
- Electronic cataloguing of the collection
- Updating the database
- Support of the museum director
- Cross-sectional tasks
- The successful applicant will have completed university studies in Art History (M.A., Master's degree or comparable qualification) and a PhD in Art History
- relevant publications, preferably in the collection area ▪ excellent knowledge of Netherlandish drawings and prints before 1800
- distinct communication skills
- high trustworthiness and responsibility, especially in dealing with the museum`s collections
- readiness and ability, to participate actively in the national and international network of Dutch art and to develop contacts with academic and non-academic institutions, with artists, collectors, patrons and art dealers
- a strong willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team
- interest in modern communication and education
- knowledge and experience in museum documentation systems (preferably MuseumPlus)
- very good knowledge of German and English and a good knowledge of Dutch, or the willingness to acquire the necessary German language proficiency, as well as strong conceptual and organizational skills, are essential
Desirable skills and knowledge
- Furthermore, curatorial, scientific and proven practical knowledge and experience in museum work, proven by a curatorial traineeship (Volontariat) are desired as well as experience in the organisation of academic events, experience in collaborative research, in application and third-party funding procedures and in working with public administrations
The Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz ensures gender equality according to the Bundesgleichstellungsgesetz (German Federal Equality Act). In case of equal qualification, applicants with disabilities will be given particular consideration.
As a rule, part-time employment is possible.
Please send complete application documents with the reference number SMB-KK-5-2019 by October 30, 2019 to:
Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz
Sachgebiet I 1 c
Please avoid sending your application documents per e-mail. Generally, only applications that include a stamped addressed envelope can be returned.
Contact person for questions concerning the job description:
Dr. Michael Roth (+49 30 266 42 4220)
Contact person for questions concerning the application procedure:
Ms. Emrich (+49 30 266 41 1630)
Aktuelle Nachrichten aus der Stiftung
11.10.2019 - Die Sanierung der Schinkel-Kirche in Berlins Mitte ist abgeschlossen. Ab 2020 wird sie wieder als Ausstellungsraum für die Alte Nationalgalerie genutzt.
10.10.2019 - Im Kunsthandel tauchten vier Miniaturen auf, die nun für die Nationalgalerie der Staatlichen Museen zu Berlin zurückgewonnen wurden.
25.09.2019 - Die Klimaanlage wird ertüchtigt – Kleinhueshalle schließt zum 30. September 2019